Monday, March 17, 2008

dell Inspiron 1520 review

dell Inspiron 1520 review

The update of popular E1505 Dell, the Inspiron 1520 has sparked interest in the notebook. It includes a complete upgrade of design, the new platform Intel Santa Rosa, and the best graphics card Dell has never offered in a notebook of this size. With this notebook, Dell has made a strong entry into the 15 "market performance. The 1520 has tangible benefits compared to other 15" notebooks that only offers the 8400M and resolution 1280x800 like HP dv6500t, and it tends to be cheaper than the same, as notebooks featuring Asus G1S.



As with all Dell computers, price and options for 1520 can vary greatly depending on your area. Here is the specification of the system as reviewed:

Microsatin completed by the spring green
Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 4 MB cache)
2 GB of RAM to 667 MHz
HD 160 7200 rpm
256MB Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT
8X DVD + /-RW Double Layer Drive
Dell Wireless 1390 Mini Card 802.11g
15.4 "WSXGA + Display with TrueLife
Webcam integrated 2.0 MP
9 Cell Battery
Windows Vista Home Premium
"More DellCare Guarantee (three-year warranty complete with care and some" extras "to 10 GB of online storage)
My final cost was $ 1,640.55. I chose not to include Bluetooth or Bluray internal, but they are offered as an option in most markets. I placed the order on the phone that I found is the best way to ensure a speedy confirmation. Of course, the order confirmation is the only quick and convenient thing dealing with customer support from Dell.

Reasons for Buying

The 1520 is a new direction for me, in laptops. My last two were 12.1 "ultraportables, the 700 and the Dell XPS M1210. Although I prefer the small size in most cases, I am now much less travel and were really feel the need increasingly powerful graphics the game screen when real estate. I have seriously considered the Asus G1S but could not justify the cost. when Dell announced its new inspiration, I was sold immediately. I loved the ability to customize the Exterior and must admit that the choice of color was the hardest decision I had to do. The price was definitely good for me.

First Impressions

The 1520 comes in a very boring brown box in a very boring white Styrofoam shell. The following items were included in the box:

CDs of all the drivers and software installed
Information Product Guide
Contact Dell Guide
Dell Inspiron 1520 Owner's Manual
Creative ear buds
A / C Adapter
The ExpressCard remote mentioned in other reviews is not included by default, you need to ask when you order your system and can be charged for it. The first time I leave the laptop, I was shocked at how vibrant color reality is it brighter and richer than it appears in the images. I was using an M1210 and E1505 and 1520 looks far more important that the E1505 due to the absence of bumper-term deposits to break the outline. The design is really elegant and beautiful-I spent several minutes admiring the outside, even before I powered it up.

No comments: